Let’s get this out of the way first: you’re reading about video marketing statistics on the blog of a video production company. Of course we’re going to say that video marketing is worth investing in.
But of course we wouldn’t be in business if video marketing wasn’t worthwhile, and we have hundreds of clients who are rightly convinced that video is a good investment.
In any case, don’t take our word for it! Let the video marketing statistics tell the story:
- The average conversion rate for a website is 2.9% if there is no video content, and 4.8% if there is video content (source: Aberdeen Group)
- 62% of consumers are more likely to have a negative perception of a brand with a poor quality video (source: Brightcove)
- 40% of consumers say that video increases the chancel they’ll purchase a product on their mobile device (source: Adobe)
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined (source: Brightcove)
- Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% (source: Visually)
- Companies using video get 41% more web traffic from search (source: Aberdeen Group)
- 74% of millenials find video helpful when comparison shopping (source: Animato)
- 4 times as many people would rather watch a video about a production than read about it (source: eMarketer)
- Companies that use video require 27% fewer unique visits to generate the same amount of leads (source: Aberdeen Group)
- 88% of organisations currently use video in their marketing, or plan to (source: MWP Digital Media)
- The average cost per lead of £60 is companies using video, compared to £74 for those who aren’t (source: Aberdeen Group)
Bonus: These video marketing statistics show general patterns, but for some companies, the benefit is even greater. Online retailer AO found that if a customer watched a product video on AO’s website, they were 120.5% more likely to buy!